So Christmas 2018 was our first REAL Christmas together.
We bought our first tree, decorated it and I made our first Christmas decoration for the house,
A No Sew Gnome!!!!
I can't find the original tutorial for the gnome
as I hand wrote it off my phone while waiting at the doctors surgery "bored obviously"
but I do remember the supplies I needed for this particular gnome.
- Beard - Faux Fur (I bought mine at Joann's)
- Hat - Felt ( I bought 1 yard of it from Joann's)
- Pom Pom - Wool and Pom Pom Maker (I used a cardboard ring i made on the fly)
- Body - Ladies Sock, I bought a pair from the dollar tree
- Stuffing for Body - Rice ( I got a big box from Sam's Club)
- Nose - Wooden Bead or Wooden Door Knob (Hobby Lobby)
- Hot Glue and Glue Gun
- Twine - To tie off sock when filled with rice
- How I think I did it -
- I remember stuffing the sock with rice (about 5 yeti cup sized scoops), once enough was in it, I tied it off with the twine and trimmed the excess sock and twine off.
- I then hot glued the top of the sock as well for extra seal...
- i cut the red felt hat into a cone shape, with the brim large enough to go around the body of the gnome, Use him as a guide..
- I then glued the hat side and hid them under the fold.
- I made the pom pom
- I then glued the beard onto the gnomes body making sure it would be covered somewhat by the hat..
- I glued on the nose, then glued on the hat and fiddled with it some until I felt it was sitting on right and then glued it down all the way around..
- lastly i glued on the pom pom and brushed his beard :)
I hope its understandable enough without measurements and exact science-y stuff :)
Enjoy and Happy Crafting!
Our First Christmas Tree 2018